[Zope-CMF] Problems translating CMFDefault

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
21 Dec 2002 12:29:37 +0100

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 19:58, Tres Seaver wrote:
> > Oh yes please do it. Whoever originally came up with the idea of
> > discriminating on the text of the button should be shot :-)
>
> May I have a blindfold? |-)

:-)

> > (core Zope has this ugly idiom too...)
>
> I get to shoot the person who made the 'value' attribute of the HTML
> button element be it's label, first  (I am hopeful that this will be
> the same person who decided to omit including the checkbox in the
> request when unchecked).  *Then* you can shoot me.

The guilty party is probably Dave Raggett back in 1993, see this part of
his HTML+ reference that inspired draft-ietf-iiir-html-01.txt:
  http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/HTMLPlus/htmlplus_42.html
TimBL and Dan Connolly took this unchanged in their HTML 2.0 spec in
1994, see http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html-spec/html-spec_8.html#SEC8.2

Florent