[Zope-CMF] Changing ID of members folder, and related questions

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
22 Dec 2002 19:47:01 -0700

Many moons ago, I inquired about the feasibility of using a member's
folder named something other than Members. Well, I did it tonight, and
with some modifications to MembershipTool.py, it worked (search/replace
'Members' with new id).

So far, new members and everything works fine.

It would be nice if there was a way to set the name of this folder in
the UI, rather than have it be hard coded. it shouldn't be too hard
Thoughts?

Also, I am working on a new site I really would like to do in
CMF/CMFPlone (or at least as a base).

What I want to do is have three types of "members". No, roles will not
work.

What I want is for each type of "member" to have their own "members"
folder. I want to duplicate, essentially,the membership tool for three
different types of members. Hrmmm that doesn't sound too clear.

[thinking aloud]
Maybe I could modify the getHomeUrl and create folder methods to use a
different "Members" folder based on a property of the members. Maybe a
dictionary mapping like:
{ 'standard':'Members',
  'organization':'Organizations',
  'candidate':'Candidates'