[Zope-CMF] Moderated Discussion

Lennon Day-Reynolds lennon@day-reynolds.com
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:44:48 -0800

Plone is ZPT-based, and uses CSS extensively, and Blark just clobbers the
layout and style. Perhaps it's less a DTML vs. ZPT issue, and simply a
product of how much of the look-and-feel for it's section of the site Blark
simply takes over.

Right now, Plone provides the basic look-and-feel for more or less the
entire site. It may go away, though, as I become more comfortable with skin
setup myself. Using ZPT is more or less a hard requirement, though, as the
site's look-and-feel need to be maintainable via standard design tools like
Dreamweaver without me or another programmer having to "port" every piece
of updated HTML to DTML.

As far as reuse of existing discussion tools goes, I'm certainly open to
options. I'd rather not introduce a RDBMS dependency, (as Squib does) but
it might be a usable stopgap.

Lennon Day-Reynolds
lennon@day-reynolds.com