[Zope-CMF] Change invokeFactory !

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:22:17 +0100

Tres Seaver wrote:

> sidnews@netcourrier.com wrote:
>
>> But how can you create a PortalFolder in Members ??
>> I just have "Folder" in the drop list of the Zope Managment Interface.
>

> Avoid using the ZMI add list for CMF content / folders;  the
> ZMI doesn't know about all the extra work the types tool does
> when adding content.  Instead, use the stock CMF 'folder_contents'
> view of the '/Members' folder, and select the "New" button.
>
> Tres.

Hmm,

could you qualify this a little. I.e. I'm writing my own (python)
product for the CMF and want to use the ZMI as a frontend. So I know my
product doesn't do something which is hidden somewhere in the types
tool, at least not hidden by me.
Are there some caveats I should know about?

cheers,
oliver