[Zope-CMF] TTW Actions Forthcoming

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Fri, 04 Jan 2002 14:48:18 -0500

Jeffrey P Shell wrote:

> Is listActions() support continuing **only** for the sake of backward
> compatibility?  Some of the action providers I've written are much more
> dynamic, generating the list based on various object states.  I'd still
> like this to be a preferred member of the ActionProvider interface.

The ActionsProvider interface won't change, except that the
preferred format for the return value will be a list of ActionInformation
objects, rather than a list of dictionaries;  we will continue to
pass the 'info' argument, in order to support the kind of complex
action computation you describe.

Tres.