[Zope-CMF] Rating services - status?

kapil thangavelu k_vertigo@yahoo.com
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 02:16:38 -0800

On Tuesday 08 January 2002 06:20 am, seb bacon wrote:
> I don't think anyone's done it yet, but for a simple score rating, it
> wouldn't be hard to make a rating an attribute of PortalContent.  There
> should be a better (component-style) way of doing this, but it would be
> difficult without the projected events channel, IMO.
>
> seb

well too solve both questions ratings and eventchannel you might be
interested in some stuff i've already done, although neither depends on the
other.

http://www.zope.org/Members/k_vertigo/Products/EventChannel

is an event channel that is loosely based on the interfaces for one that were
kicked around on cmf.zope.org. its functional and being used in production.

for ratings

http://www.zope.org/Members/k_vertigo/Products/Ratings

which is being used on my-zope.org is a rating component object, not a
service, stored local to the object. allowing for one rating per member. i
use it from python so its missing the requisite zmi interfaces. it will
require some minor editing to make it play well with the cmf.

hth

kapil