[Zope-CMF] CMF Products

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 06:56:09 -0500

Ben Ocean wrote:

> Hi;
> I'm trying to learn CMF. I've installed the product and the following
> products show up as correctly installed:
>     CMFCore
>     CMFDefault
>     CMFTopic
>     CMFPhotoAlbum (probably another product)
> but there is no "CMF Site" in the "Select Type To Add..." pull-down!
> What am I missing?

Hmm, that sounds as if Product initialization is failing
somehow.  Can you delete the first three of those from
'Control_Panel/Products' and restart your Zope?  Do they
reappear, and still look "normal" (no traceback when you
click them?>  You could also enable the STUPID_LOG_FILE (if
you haven't already) and restart Zope from the command line.
Product initialization errors often result in entries written
to that file.

The other thing I can think of (but it is pretty remote) is
that this is a permissions problem.  Make sure that the
"Add CMF Sites" permission isn't disabled somehow for your
user.

Tres.