[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.2b2 breaks Cleanskin

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:51:37 -0500

Just to explain this to everyone...

Before this change, your filesystem skins had to use a file extension of
".pt" to get registered as page templates.  A file with an extension of
".htm" or ".html" wasn't treated specially by filesystem skins.

One of the points of page templates is to make them work outside of Zope
with standard tools, where the dummy markup can be displayed.  However,
many tools on many platforms simply have a hard time if the file doesn't
end in ".htm" or ".html".

With this change you can name your filesystem page templates using
".htm" or ".html" as file extensions.

--Paul