[Zope-CMF] Usernames and spaces

Grootel, Marc van Marc.vanGrootel@bowneglobal.nl
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:21:37 +0100

Hi,

I've worked with Zope and CMF (btw great stuff) for a while now and did
never come across this issue.

It is probably not legal to do so but i created a username that has
spaces. Logged on to it and everything seemed to work fine.
I could add CMF documents, folders etc, access them through WebDAV
etc. Nothing wrong with it.

Then i connected using FTP and saw the files and folders added through
that account had a part of their creation timestamp prefixed to the id
(names like "18 16:32 test" instead of "test").

Probably they are not really there since from the browser everything looks
fine.

My first thought was i cut myself on the bleeding edge but then i checked
and created another account without the spaces and the problem was gone.

I know creating usernames with spaces is probably not a wise idea anyway
but since everything was working i saw no harm in it, only FTP seems to
suffer
from the problemn (afaiks).

Should there be a warning when trying to create such accounts or is this
a real bug?

--Marc

Marc.vanGrootel@bowneglobal.nl