[Zope-CMF] Workflows

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 23:31:22 -0500

Jesus Avila wrote:

> Hi there,
>

> I am new in all that Zope world, so excuse me if i say something with no
> sense.
>
> I am using Zope 2.4.3 (binary release, python 2.1, win32-x86), python
> 2.1.0, win32 , CMF-1.2-beta2 and DCWorkflow-0.4.1.
>
> I have configured a DCWorkflow with all the states, variables,
> transitions, ..., that i need.
>
> Which is the next step?
>
> I want to start creating scripts and connect those scripts to my workflow.
>
> How can i do that?
>
> Because the Default workflows they come with a workflow example with
> (create, publish, reject, ...). And to do that I think there are some
> scripts called in the way. Which is the order of execution of those scripts?
>
> Let me explain. Once the workflow is created and configured, how do i
> make the workflow start?
>
> As you can see i am pretty lost.

In the CMF, workflows are associated with "content types" (on the
"Workflows" tab).  You start the workflow by creating an instance of
a content type which it governs;  the workflow then sets the "start"
state of the instance, and governs the available transitions out of
each state based on the rules you establish.

Some transitions (most of them, in a typical CMF workflow) are triggered
by user actions (e.g., the "Submit" action).  Others may fire automatically,
whenever a skin or object method gives them the opportunity.

A couple of resources about DCWorkflow:

  - <http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/DCWorkflow_docs/index_html>

  - <http://cmf.zope.org/Members/jack-e/WorkflowDesign/BetterCMFWorkflow/FrontPage>

Tres.