[Zope-CMF] Multiple page content in CMF?

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:40:27 +1300

On Friday 25 January 2002 10:17, Francis Potter wrote:
> Has anyone found a simple way to implement multiple-page content in the
> CMF? What I need is something where:

I've been thinking of implementing something like this, too.

>  * The pages of the article are connected by next/previous links.
>  * One set of Dublin Core metadata applies to the whole article.
>  * If a user does a catalog search, they get the first page.
>  * (Ideally) if a user does a catalog search on a word that's not in
>    the metadata and not on the first page, they get the page that
> contains
>    that word.
>  * There's a simple way to add pages

I'd put together a product that has a straight forward skinned folder
subclass with the view action redirecting to the first page in the set, and a
contents view that lists all the pages in the set in order.

The pages could be subclassed portal documents. You can skip the metadata
form, have the title automatically set the metadata title, and rely on
SearchableText to index the body of the page.

Adding pages could happen the usual way (folder content->new->content type &
id) or you could add an action to the folder that cuts out a few steps.

This just leaves page ordering. I think the best way to handle that is to
have the folder manage a page order list containing the ids of the pages, and
build a form to let the owner change the order of the pages. The page view
can aquire the order list from the parent folder, search for itself, then
build next/previous links.

In fact I might whip this product up this weekend, if someone doesn't beat me
to it.

John