[Zope-CMF] Multiple page content in CMF?

Thomas Olsen tol@tanghus.dk
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 08:17:55 +0100

Hi Francis

On Thursday 24 January 2002 22:17, Francis Potter wrote:
> Has anyone found a simple way to implement multiple-page content in the
> CMF? What I need is something where:

I have implemented such a beast - it will be released as 'CMFArticle' in a
very short time. If you need a sneek peak send me a mail.

>  * The pages of the article are connected by next/previous links.

The Article can contain subarticles which are listed as a toc and
next/previous links.

>  * One set of Dublin Core metadata applies to the whole article.

well not quite like that as they are separate objects of the same meta type.

>  * If a user does a catalog search, they get the first page.

In the object found, yes. And if the object is contained in another article
it will contain links to the parent page.

>  * (Ideally) if a user does a catalog search on a word that's not in
>    the metadata and not on the first page, they get the page that
> contains
>    that word.

I guess it works like that as they are separate objects.

>  * There's a simple way to add pages

Absolutely :-)

> I can envision how this might work, and am wondering if such a thing
> exists or anyone has any suggestions.

Also each CMFArticle can contain a set of elements (image, text, table, link)
which can be placed on the page very much as you like.

There is an overview (not quite up to date) at
http://www.tarpit.dk:8280/Control_Panel/Products/CMFArticle/Help/Article.stx
and there's an example at
http://www.tarpit.dk:8280/portal/Members/tol/MyArticle (the skin used there
only works with newer browsers link NS-6.x, IE-5/6 or Konqueror-2.2.x)