[Zope-CMF] Demo types that implement portal_metadata?

Francis Potter francis@meadowbase.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:00:09 -0800

> Content classes probably shouldn't try to enforce
> site-specific policies, as they become brittle and hard to

I agree in general with the principle.

> reuse.  The tool is actually designed in anticipation that
> sites which want to enforce the metadata policies will do so
> via customized skins. We could look at setting a site-wide

That's fine.

The tool is a little confusing, because I first come across it, I think
"hey, this is great! I can set the default language for Document to
'EN-US' and require them to all have Titles!" (a natural reaction, given
the ZMI setup).

But it doesn't do that. So I'm looking for examples of how the tool can
be used in its current form. Tres? Anyone?

--- Francis Potter