[Zope-CMF] Big CMF sites / Storage

Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:05:37 -0800

Is it a good or bad thing to be partitioning a CMF site's portal folders
onto separate storages via ZEO and ExternalMount? I'm looking at a project
with potentially one million plus objects of varying complexity, with undo
required for some content items and not for others.  I'm also interested in
spreading the storage load across multiple ZEO storage server boxes.

Is this an appropriate method for scaling the ODB for a big content site?
I'm looking for people's thoughts in terms of implementation issues,
performance, and reliability of doing something like this?

Thanks,
Sean

Sean Upton
Site Technology Supervisor