[Zope-CMF] i18n for CMF And Plone, backporting i18n to Zope 2.x

Robert Rottermann robert@redcor.ch
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 16:50:19 +0200

Hi Zopistas,

I would very much appreciate your ideas and support in the matter of
backporting Z3 i18n support to 2.6+

I did get a number of answers to my inquiry regarding i18n support for
Plone.
It seems that the only sensible way to do this, is to backport the i18n
support from Zope3's TAL to Zope2.'s TAL.

I have been looking into Zope3's TAL. What I found created mixed enthusiasm.

- there seems not to much code in TAL itself that is i18n related.
- However the TAL3's structure has been altered somehow to reflect changes
in Zope3's structure.

Since I have not dealt much with Zope3 yet I have no idea what is needed to
add a module in TAL 2.6+ that
adds functionality to deal with such tags:

(This are a snippets from Plone templates.)
-------------
12:40:44 PM</span>
-------------
           i18n:id="no_body_text">
      This document has yet to be written, click the edit tab to change the
document.

One could maybe use a brute force approach and just add a filter after the
TAL processing that deals with all i18n artifacts it finds.

thanks for your input

mit freundlichen Grüssen

Robert Rottermann

Wir wollen Technik mit Menschlichkeit verbinden,
um Menschen mit Technik zu erreichen.
www.redcor.ch        -       die website
www.redcor.net       -       zope trainings (and more)