[Zope-CMF] InvalidObjectReference - Plone

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 15:05:46 -0500

Hi.

Sidnei and I have spent a great deal of time banging out heads on Plone.  It
is causing a 'InvalidObjectReference' if you create more than 1 Plone Sites
consecutively.  The first one *always* works.  Then after that seemingly
random you get a InvalidObjectReference exception.  We are *not* using
SESSIONS.  Kapil threw out the idea that we are leaking objects somewhere --
I dont doubt this.

I believe we have narrowed it down.  I added something in Plone that is a
CustomizationPolicy (maybe something CMF could use) bascially this is a
touch point that will take a portal object and call the customize(portal)
method with the newly created Portal and will be responsible for apply
customizations to the object.  The 'default plone' CustomizationPolicy will
cause the InvaildObjectReference.

at the top of the customize if you insert a empty return, the
InvalidObjectReferences stop.  Thats fine and good but I do not believe the
CustomizationPolicy object
is really causing this error.  I believe its something else.  What is
strange is when I was changing some stuff around I got a POSException.  So
there is something
very deeply screwed up.  I just wanted to make a open appeal for gurus to
maybe take a few seconds to do a cvs checkout of Plone and try to create a
few
Plone sites to see if they are seeing this behavior and to ask if you could
give some input on the problem.

many thanks,
~runyaga