[Zope-CMF] Workflow - employee supervisor relationship?

vsbabu@vsbabu.org vsbabu@vsbabu.org
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 05:34:10 -0500

Hi,

  I'm thinking about whether it is easily possible to create a workflow
  in a CMF site that mimics the traditional employee-supervisor one.

  I had implemented it before using SQL databases, but would like to start
  thinking the "Zope" way :-)

  An employee might be a supervisor and has one and only one supervisor.
  A supervisor can have more than one employees under him/her.

  If something has to be approved by supervisor, s/he gets that in her
  worklist. S/he should be able to delegate upwards/downwards when necessary
  - like when s/he is on vacation, if upward delegate has happened, then
  supervisor's supervisor should get the approval notice.

  My feeling is that there should be a generic way to implement this, which
  can be useful for a whole slew of intranet objects (timesheet, vacation
  request, check request, purchase order etc...).

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Satheesh Babu
http://vsbabu.org/