[Zope-CMF] Workflow - employee supervisor relationship?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 20:23:10 +0200

vsbabu@vsbabu.org writes:
 >   I'm thinking about whether it is easily possible to create a workflow
 >   in a CMF site that mimics the traditional employee-supervisor one.
 >
 >   I had implemented it before using SQL databases, but would like to start
 >   thinking the "Zope" way :-)
 >
 >   An employee might be a supervisor and has one and only one supervisor.
 >   A supervisor can have more than one employees under him/her.
 >
 >   If something has to be approved by supervisor, s/he gets that in her
 >   worklist. S/he should be able to delegate upwards/downwards when necessary
 >   - like when s/he is on vacation, if upward delegate has happened, then
 >   supervisor's supervisor should get the approval notice.
Excluding the delegation, it would be easy for DCWorkflow.

Worklists are quite simplistic: they are simple queries against
the catalog with constant query terms. This can not handle
delegation.

But, I have extended the DCWorkflow worklists by query terms
defined through tales expressions. With this, you can
implement delegation, too.

Maybe, the NUXWorkflow, a DCWorkflow extension, supports this, too.

Dieter