[Zope-CMF] [RFC] modification date

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
04 Jul 2002 21:27:32 -0400

On Thu, 2002-07-04 at 06:10, Florent Guillaume wrote:
> I want to change in CVS the treatment of the modification date to make
> it not rely on bobobase_modification_time, using the following idea from
> Carl Rendell:
>
> > Ideally the attribute would be modified each time the reindexObject()
> > was called on the object, right?
>
> I think it would work very well: in CMFCatalogAware's reindexObject, if
> the object has a modification_date attribute, then update it. In
> DublinCore, use modification_date instead of falling back on
> bobobase_modification_time.
>
> Comments ?

For forward compatibility, the 'modified' method would need to look
first for the '_modification_date' attribute, and then fall back
to 'bobobase_modification_time'.  We might also want to add a note
that folks wanting to migrate all their content could do so just by
re-indexing the 'modified' index of the catalog (assuming that the
method always set the '_modification_date' attribute from
'bobobase_modification_time' if it didn't exist already).

Tres.