[Zope-CMF] Folders and workflow status?

Luca Olivetti luca@wetron.es
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:00:59 +0200

Carl Rendell wrote:
> It looks as though there is already a bug logged in the collector for this:
>
> http://collector.zope.org/CMF/4
>
> Is this why folders now have a 'Status: private' displayed as part of
> the actions box? I'm sure there are issues other than cosmetic to
> resolve. The most egregious issue for me is that the 'Publish' link is
> displayed, but will fail if a user attempts to publish the folder. Kind
> of a bad loop for the user.

A possible workaround is to leave empty the workflow for 'Folder' in
portal_workflow (the fact that 'Folder' appears there, while useful for
this workaround, is confusing, since PortalFolder isn't neither
catalogged --it explicitly redefines reindexObject as pass-- nor
"workflowable", and that got my head banging for a while -- see my
recent messages about it).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007