[Zope-CMF] CMF Usabiltiy

P Kirk patrick@enterprise-hr.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:41:51 +0100

[snip]

>Why?  ExternalEditor lets you use *your* favorite tools (GoLive,
>FrontPage, gvim, Word, whatever) to edit content *as a local file*;
>it handles the messy bits of putting it back into Zope for you, *as
>you change it* (you do need to refresh the page in your browser manually
>at this point).  CMF + ExternalEditor is da bomb!
>
>Tres.

I guess it a question of usabliity for whom.  I've reached Chapter 6 of
the Zope book last night so any comments I may should be filtered
through my knowing very litle about Zope.  But from the point of view of
non-techies, the in-built editor coupled with a template that managed
images, formatting, etc is good.  A tree structure that drives menu
creation is also good because most people don't understand how to create
a menu while everyone knows how to create a folder within a folder.  I
work selling a commercial CMS from a small UK company www.ocula.com and
our clients tend to be people who want this to be easy for a temp to
pick up in 30 minutes.  They pay us so it obviously matters to them.

It would seem to me that you are addressing usability for the webmaster.
 This is also very important.  But I don't believe tis what was being
addressed in the original question.