[Zope-CMF] Workflowable folders?

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 14:58:49 +0000 (UTC)

Chris Withers  <chrisw@nipltd.com> wrote:
> Tres Seaver wrote:
> >
> > This bug was masked by others, whose repair by Florent surfaced it.
> > Essentially, Luca's "workaround" is the correct solution;  Folders
> > (likewise Topics) shouldn't be participating in workflow.
>
> What should people do if they _do- want a folder-like-thing that participates in
> workflow?

Have something that inherits from PortalFolder and PortalContent, and
takes care of the clash between several methods in those two. My
PortalContentFolder is an attempt, unfortunately it's not been updated
for CMF 1.3 yet.

Actually I believe the default Folder should be CMFCatalogAware (which
implies workflow aware), simply it shouldn't have a workflow in the
Workflow Tool. It's very common to want to look for Folders in the
catalog.

Florent