[Zope-CMF] CMF Usability

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 08:27:53 -0700

On 14 Jul 2002 11:30:59 +0000
goeldi  <Stephan> wrote:

> When I worked in Novartis (www.novartis.com) until the year 2000 it
> was prohibited for supporters to activate javascript and java in the
> browsers.

At one time I built a transparent web proxy (ie ethernet bridged and
enforced by the firewall without requiring browser configuration) which
stripped all Java and Javascript from retrieved pages before passing the
results back to the requesting browser due to a similar corporate
policy.

> The only problem is, that some user interfaces are javascript
> dependent.  Some javascript features are a 'nice-to-have', but the
> usage of a system should not depend on it.

Precisely.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?