[Zope-CMF] cookieless use problems

Kyler Laird Kyler@Lairds.com
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 12:43:15 -0500

> > > I recall way back when cookies were not required to use
> > > CMF (or whatever it was called then).  I've been hoping
> > > that cookies would become optional again, but I just
> > > tried 1.3-beta2 and it looks like it's not going to
> > > happen anytime soon.
> >
> > How so? Just delete the CookieCrumbler object and cookies are no longer
> > required...

Well, as I explained, it's just not that easy - if you want
it to work well.  It's certainly not as easy as choosing
"Don't use cookies." on a form.  (That's how easy I need it
to be for users.)

> Authentication without cookies *does* work fine;  as Chris says, just
> remove the 'cookie_authentication' object from the site, and go back to
> the authentication used by default by your user folder.

O.k., in case anyone *is* reading what I'm writing...

HTTP authentication is getting a little more tricky.  Being
sloppy with trailing slashes causes it to *break* on some
browsers.  CMF is sloppy with trailing slashes.  If I have
not explained the situation clearly and someone would like
more help understanding what is necessary to clean up the
links, please tell me.

--kyler