[Zope-CMF] Zope behind Apache

P Kirk patrick@enterprise-hr.com
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:29:43 +0100

Hi all,

I run Zope on port 80.  I want to put it on a high port number and run
Apache.  I have ADSL with dynamic IPs.

Searches on Google and zope.org bring up many and varied ways of setting
this up.  Some dated 1999 - some more recent.  Some require a PhD to
understand.  Some seem to contradict one another.

If forced to choose between speed and resilience, I'd choose resilience.

Can anyone suggest a URL for a correct and relatively idiot proof page
with information on this?

I have another app. squirrelmail that depends on Apache.  If keeping
Zope on port 80 and setting up Apache of port 8080 via a virtual host
monster is the way to go, please let me know, along with a suggested URL
if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Patrick