[Zope-CMF] Zope behind Apache

Bert Vanderbauwhede Bert.Vanderbauwhede@rug.ac.be
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:56:00 +0200 (MEST)

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, P Kirk wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I run Zope on port 80.  I want to put it on a high port number and run
> Apache.  I have ADSL with dynamic IPs.
>
> Searches on Google and zope.org bring up many and varied ways of setting
> this up.  Some dated 1999 - some more recent.  Some require a PhD to
> understand.  Some seem to contradict one another.

I have Zope/Apache/FastCGI running on Linux, and this is how I've done it:

1) Install the FastCGI-module for Apache (see http://www.fastcgi.com).
2) Modify httpd.conf:

   # FastCGI-module
   LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so
   AddModule mod_fastcgi.c

   # Document Root
   DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/zope"

   # FastCGI
   FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
   FastCgiExternalServer /var/www/html/zope \
                         -socket zope.soc \
                         -pass-header Authorization
   Options ExecCGI
   SetHandler fastcgi-script

3) Add the flag '-F /tmp/zope.soc' to the zope start-script.
4) Create the empty file /var/www/html/zope, and set the permissions to
   0777.

Restart Zope and Apache, and it should work.

Bert Vanderbauwhede...
---
"Age. Fac ut gaudeam."