[Zope-CMF] Portal Search Returns Everything + DeletedDocumentstoo

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:28:07 +0000 (UTC)

Dieter Maurer  <dieter@handshake.de> wrote:
> Chris Withers writes:
>  > > to::
>  > >
>  > >   return form_vars and context.portal_catalog( form_vars ) or ()
>  >
>  > Would anyone object if I made doFormSearch like this by default?
> Sure, I object.
>
> No senseful person will send a query, he already knows the answer of!

The problem is, you don't know before sending a query to the catalog if
it is effectively an empty query or not.

For instance is searchResults(foobar=22, glob=[1,2]) an empty query ?
No ? Well, it is empty if you have no 'foobar' nor 'glob' index.

So there may be a need for some way to find out quickly if the catalog
decides an query is empty or not.

Florent