[Zope-CMF] Portal Search Returns Everything + DeletedDocumentstoo

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 19:08:27 +0200

Florent Guillaume writes:
 > Dieter Maurer  <dieter@handshake.de> wrote:
 > > No senseful person will send a query, he already knows the answer of!
 >
 > The problem is, you don't know before sending a query to the catalog if
 > it is effectively an empty query or not.
 >
 > For instance is searchResults(foobar=22, glob=[1,2]) an empty query ?
 > No ? Well, it is empty if you have no 'foobar' nor 'glob' index.
 >
 > So there may be a need for some way to find out quickly if the catalog
 > decides an query is empty or not.
This may be a help for the developer. He made a mistake when designing
his form/action pair.

Simply returning no hits would not help him at all.

I have useful use cases for empty queries that return (and should return)
everything.

Dieter