[Zope-CMF] Copy/Paste Workflow Bug?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:09:17 +0200

Sidnei da Silva writes:
 > I was migration an old site this weekend, and after copying all the object
 > from the old to the new site, i noticed that most of them lost the workflow
 > state.
 >
 > I tried to reproduce the bug, and this is what happens:
 >
 >   * Cut object, paste on another folder -> workflow state is kept.
 >   * Copy object, paste on same folder -> workflow state is lost for new
 > object.
 >   * Copy object, paste on another folder -> workflow state is lost for new
 > object.
 >
 > Alan told me that this should have been fixed a while ago, and i remeber the
 > thread, but i cant remember the solution.
Tres reported that the problem has been resolved without telling how
he did it.

But in an earlier post, he suggested to see whether there is already
a workflow state and in this case not append a new initial state.
Apparently, this is not the solution he finally implemented,
because it would work for "copy/paste", too, and not only for "cut/paste".

 > He also mentioned that maybe
 > something was appending to review_workflow or workflow_history, and removing
 > the last item there would fix it, but i couldnt find the relation to
 > copy/paste.
That's what I know from earlier CMF versions.
I have an External Method that (quite crudely) removes the last
state from all objects.

Dieter