[Zope-CMF] How to attach own properties to existing portal types (like metadata does)?

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:24:52 +0000 (UTC)

Grégoire Weber  <gregoire.weber@switzerland.org> wrote:
> I'd like to attach additional properties to existing portal types.
> These properties describe (store information) about additional
> functionality independantly of the content type.
>
> Existing and future portal types need not to know about this
> functionality.
>
> The functionality has nothing to do with the metadata
> functionality. That's why I don't want to integrate the properties
> into it. I'd like to implement a new tool handling this
> functionality.
>
> Does someone have any pointers where to look, where to find
> examples, which interface to implement to attach such properties,
> etc.?

The WorkflowTool does that. It stores all its info on the object with
the object's knowledge, in an attribute called 'workflow_history'.

There's no general framework to do that in CMF though, although the in
Zope 3 as you mentionned there is.

Florent