[Zope-CMF] need to create new content type based on python

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:50:27 -0700

For my first product I looked at NewsItem from CMFDefault which
subclasses Document. That gives you the basics for subclassing, and
in your case you can simply extend the base product with properties.

You'll need to set up skins and initialize the product. I've
pointed people at the CMFEmployment for modeling those steps of
making things work with CMF.

   http://www.zope.org/Members/runyaga/CMFEmployment

~C

On Wednesday, July 24, 2002, at 07:03  AM, zope-cmf-
request@zope.org wrote:

> Message: 13
> From: Jeffrey_Franks@i-o.com
> To: zope-cmf@zope.org
> Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 07:44:54 -0500
> Subject: [Zope-CMF] need to create new content type based on python
>

> Hi,
>
> I need a new content type for a special kind of portal_file
> object.
>
> I've just determined that the specification I've been given is
> fuzzy, i.e., likely to change/evolve and so I don't think this
> is a good fit for ZClass.
>
> However, another Zope learning curve challenge presents
> itself for me -- programming a content type in python.
>
> If I could find an existing zope product or content type
> that is python based, and it subclasses from 'portal_file',
> I could use that as a model for what I need to do.
>
> Does anyone know of one of these that I can learn from and
> modify?
>
>      or
>
> Is there some other object that is close enough that I can
> use as a model?
>
> -- jlf

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution Consulting        |   "Ahhhh the power of
cer@sol43.com                              |    acquisition"  - Chef Z