[Zope-CMF] how to relabel standard_top_bar items once for all?

alan wostenberg pwos@attbi.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 19:52:19 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C2334B.9EDDE060

After several weeks enjoying Zope I'm getting started in the CMF, have =
read CMF chapters in relevant Zope books on customizing it, but having a =
simple problem.

In standard_top_bar I want to relabel the item called "news" to be =
"offerings". Just a cosmetic change. So I customize the relevant aref =
tag in standard_top_bar, it puts the revised on in the custom folder in =
portal_skins. View it from ZMI, looks OK.

But when I go to the portal as a regular user, darn if it isn't called =
"news" not "offerings" as I said. Since this is not a matter of user =
preference I'd don't need a new skin but rather this change to effect =
the existing ones.

What am I missing? Why don't changes in standard_top_bar items placed in =
portal_skins/custom take effect?

-Alan Wostenberg
Denver Colorado=20

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C2334B.9EDDE060

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After several weeks&nbsp;enjoying Zope =
I'm getting=20
started in the CMF, have read CMF chapters in relevant Zope books on =
customizing=20
it, but having a simple problem.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In standard_top_bar I want to relabel =
the item=20
called "news" to be "offerings". Just a cosmetic change. So I customize =
the=20
relevant aref tag in standard_top_bar, it puts the revised on in the =
custom=20
folder in portal_skins. View it from ZMI, looks OK.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>But when I go to the portal as a =
regular user, darn=20
if it isn't called "news" not "offerings" as I said. Since this is not a =
matter=20
of user preference I'd don't need a new skin but rather this change to =
effect=20
the existing ones.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What am I missing? Why don't changes in =

standard_top_bar items placed in portal_skins/custom take =
effect?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-Alan Wostenberg</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Denver Colorado =
</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C2334B.9EDDE060--