[Zope-CMF] External Editor for CFM does not work

Fritz Wittwer Fritz.Wittwer@ascom.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:09:42 +0200

Hi,
I managed install and setup the external Editor
It works as long as i use the admin interface to Zope, but in CFM I don't
get the pen icons.

I am not certain if I did the following from the install instructions right:

------------------
Add a Skin Method
The following PythonScript, external_edit, redirects the web browser to the
"magic" URL used by the ExternalEditor product, as follows:
           context.REQUEST['RESPONSE'].redirect(
               '%s/externalEdit_/%s' % ( context.aq_parent.absolute_url()
                                       , context.getId() ) )
------------------

I added a 'Script (Phyton)' Obejct to my CMF Site Object wich just contains
the code above. I then added the actions as instructed in
<http://cmf.zope.org/Members/tseaver/20020723_external_editor_available> to
the Portal_Types/document and .../folder Object.

If I log in to the CMF site, I just see no changes, no other edit
capability for documents:

Versions:
Zope 2.5.1
CMF 1.2