[Zope-CMF] External Editor for CFM does not work

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
25 Jul 2002 12:41:13 -0400

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 04:09, Fritz Wittwer wrote:
> Hi,
> I managed install and setup the external Editor
> It works as long as i use the admin interface to Zope, but in CFM I don't
> get the pen icons.
>
> I am not certain if I did the following from the install instructions right:
>
> ------------------
> Add a Skin Method
> The following PythonScript, external_edit, redirects the web browser to the
> "magic" URL used by the ExternalEditor product, as follows:
>            context.REQUEST['RESPONSE'].redirect(
>                '%s/externalEdit_/%s' % ( context.aq_parent.absolute_url()
>                                        , context.getId() ) )
> ------------------
>
> I added a 'Script (Phyton)' Obejct to my CMF Site Object wich just contains
> the code above. I then added the actions as instructed in
> <http://cmf.zope.org/Members/tseaver/20020723_external_editor_available> to
> the Portal_Types/document and .../folder Object.
>
> If I log in to the CMF site, I just see no changes, no other edit
> capability for documents:

Note that the most recent CVS checkout of ExternalEditor protects the
special 'externalEdit_' object with 'Use external editor' permission.
Since this object is installed in the Zope root, the ZPublisher won't
check roles for it at the folder / content object's location, but only
in the root.

I updated the news item to reflect this issue.

Tres.