[Zope-CMF] Delete (and edit) permissions within portal folders...

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com.br
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 12:43:02 -0300

On Sexta 26 Julho 2002 05:21, Andy Bramah wrote:
| Hello all,
|
| All is going quite well with figuring out how to
| publish folders within Plone. As people on this
| discussion group have pointed out, portal folders can
| follow workflow. It seems however that Plone needs
| modification to allow it - I've put a bug report and
| comments here:
|
| http://plone.org/collector/160
|
| Now for the related question:
|
| I need a folder in which you can _only_ delete (or
| edit) what you own.
|
| I have played around with various permissions, but the
| most powerful one seems to be 'Delete objects'.
| However, if I check the check box for 'Member', then
| Members can delete anything they want. If I uncheck
| it, a Member cannot even delete content he created. If
| I check Owner, then only the Manager can delete (as I
| created the folder).
|
| I'm sure it must be possible, with a secret blend of
| checkbox action...
|
| Cheers,
| Andy 'I've now ticked a million checkboxes' B.

You must give the 'Delete object' permission to owner and give the user a
local role of owner on the objects you want them to be able to delete.

[]'s

--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>
X3ng Web Technology <http://www.x3ng.com.br>