[Zope-CMF] FSFile proposal

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
30 Jul 2002 11:48:55 -0400

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 09:10, seb bacon wrote:
> I needed to make an FSFile recently, and thought it should probably go
> in the CMF.
>
> If no-one objects to this, then I have a question:
>
> Should I:
>
>    (a) associate it with a long list of common extensions (.pdf, .doc),
>        and if so, which extensions?

You want to ship Word files as part of a filesystem skin?  Sick puppy!
I would guess that '.jar', '.cab', plus whatever Flash uses, belong in
the list, as they could be thought of as "skin" items.

>    (b) Make FSFile the default fallback type for DirectoryViews?

Nope.

>    (c) Wait until I have time to implement a TTW registry of extension ->
>        object type mappings (not for a while)

I wouldn't wait on it, although we could probably rip off the
ContentTypeRegistry pretty easily :)

Tres.