[Zope-CMF] custom metadata form

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
30 Jul 2002 11:51:03 -0400

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 11:36, Jim Pharis wrote:
> Im trying to make a customized metadata_edit_form. I am calling my new
> form task_edit_form. I realize that I also need to customize the
> metadata_edit pscript. When I change/change and view the script
> refreshes back to metadata_edit_form instead of my task_edit_form.
>
> It has something to do with the redirect in the script. Can anybody help
> me with what I need to do to make the script refresh back to
> task_edit_from?

The stock script does this::

    action_path = context.getTypeInfo().getActionById( action_id )
    context.REQUEST['RESPONSE'].redirect(
              '%s/%s?portal_status_message=Metadata+changed.'
                % ( context.absolute_url(), action_path ) )

You could avoid the need to customize it by changing the 'metadata'
action for your content type to have the action, 'task_edit_form'.

Tres.