[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.3 Release in ... next weeks?

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
30 Jul 2002 16:31:33 -0400

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 15:44, alan runyan wrote:
> > > I know everyone at ZC is now covered in work, but I still have to ask.
> > >   Is there a release date for CMF 1.3 allready set?
> >
> > It was planned for last week, but I ran out of time.  I hope to get to
> > it this week.
>
> a few hours after you release CMF1.3 - we will release Plone1.0 alpha2.
> Plone has made huge strides the past two weeks.
> I really want to integrate external editor into Plone 1.0 -- the last "big"
> task to get done.

(Not in 1.3): The CMFDefault portal setup will sniff for the
ExternalEditor product, and add actions for it if present.  CMF plus EE
**rocks**!

> QUESTION: what will serve at the basis for CMF1.3 ?  CMF HEAD? or
> CMF-1.3_beta2 branch ?

The branch (the only differences between the two should be "non-1.3"
features added on the head;  to date, I can't think of much).

> NOTE: some Plone users are reporting massive leaking.  When they upgraded to
> Zope2.6alpha1 the leakage went away.

The calendar display uses sessioning by default, which is one likely
prospect for increased memory usage (not really a leak, but alarming
nonetheless).

Tres.