[Zope-CMF] help with TALESError (please)

Steve Arnold sarnold@arnolds.dhs.org
01 Jun 2002 11:55:09 -0700

Howdy:

I posted the traceback, but it got no replies.  Instead of taking up
bandwidth, you can see it live here:

http://arnolds.dhs.org:8080/phhs/phhs_portal

You can see the older portal (with a different error) here:

http://arnolds.dhs.org:8080/steves_world/portal

This all happened after I upgraded Zope from 2.3.2 to 2.4.3 and added
Python 2.2 (Redhat 7.1 has both python-1.5.2-30 and python2-2.2-2
packages installed).

Zope 2.3.2 used the Python 1.5.2, but the newer Zope expected Python
2.1, so I had to modify both the python2 spec file and the Zope 2.4.3
spec file to get both src.rpms to build correctly.  I also modified the
zserver.sh startup script (for the new Zope) to use the newer python.

Could the problem be due to using Python 2.2 instead of 2.1?  Or is
there some way to modify my Zope or CMF setup to make it work?

I'm still lost, so I could really use some help - I'll even give someone
management rights if they want to try and fix it directly (but I
wouldn't learn as much that way).  It's kind of a production site; not
for money but just to support some friends, a class reunion this summer,
etc.

Help?

Steve