[Zope-CMF] LazyFilter and Effective Dates

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 09:20:54 -0700

When using the CatalogTool - portal_catalog.searchResults() - both
security AND effectivity are taken into account. However, when
rendering contents from a folder via objectValues or objectItems
one can use LazyFilter to take care of security and workflow
(published or un-published), but there is no provision for
effectivity.

I'd prefer to have something that works like LazyFilter but also
performs the effectivity checks like searchResults as I would cull
the results down much faster. Has anyone gone down this path
before? Am I just missing something in the capabilities of
LazyFolder?

Just looking for a crumb or set of crumbs to follow so I don't
re-invent the wheel.

~C

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution Consulting        |   "Ahhhh the power of
cer@sol43.com                              |    acquisition"  - Chef Z