[Zope-CMF] Local FS and search when files are cataloged

Cravoisier Thierry thierry.cravoisier@st.com
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 14:46:27 +0200

Hi all,

Zope 2.5
CMF 1.2
LocalFS 0.10.1

I use localFS module and tried to have the files cataloged. It seems to
work but not automatically (?).

when I go to my portal_catalog and run the "find objects" command: all
local FileSystem files are listed with the type "file",

BUT...

When I move to the site view itself and run the advanced search, I use
the "file" type, I don't get anything.
When I use "any", All the localFS files are cataloged as folders (?)
with the FS folder name (!!!) but points the file URL itself.

On the listed file when I click, I have the complete URL to the file
with the /view method and I get the following trace back.

If I remove the /view method from the URL it works fine.
Is this the normal behaviour of the localFS, a mis-use or a bug ?

Site Error

             NotFound

                      Site Error

                      An error was encountered while publishing this
resource.

                      Debugging Notice

                      Zope has encountered a problem publishing your
object.

                      Cannot locate object at:

http://localhost:8080/Draft/LocalProcess/Guidelines/buildingImages.pdf/view

                      Troubleshooting Suggestions

                           The URL may be incorrect.
                           The parameters passed to this resource may be
incorrect.
                           A resource that this resource relies on may
be encountering an error.

                      For more detailed information about the error,
please refer to the HTML source for this page.

                      If the error persists please contact the site
maintainer. Thank you for your patience.

             Traceback (innermost last):
               File D:\data\Web250b2\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py,
line 151, in publish_module
               File D:\data\Web250b2\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py,
line 115, in publish
               File d:\data\web250b2\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line
158, in zpublisher_exception_hook
                 (Object: buildingImages.pdf)
               File D:\data\Web250b2\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py,
line 90, in publish
               File
D:\data\Web250b2\lib\python\ZPublisher\BaseRequest.py, line 301, in
traverse
               File
D:\data\Web250b2\lib\python\ZPublisher\HTTPResponse.py, line 481, in
debugError
             NotFound: (see above)
Thanks
Thierry