[Zope-CMF] Problem installing CMFPlone for Windows

Dennis Allison allison@shasta.Stanford.EDU
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 14:00:45 -0700 (PDT)

Alan --

Can I use the current CVS for CMF with Plone's curent CVS or must I use 1.3b1?
I had the same sort of problems in a recent install and am just now
getting back to the installation problem...

Also, I was a bit confused by the installation instructions which seem to be a
bit behind the actual system.  Just to be sure I understand:

product installation:	unpack to a products directory and install symbolic
links from the Zope Products directory to Plone, Formulator, DCWorkfow.
Restart Zope.  This follows the CMF recommended practice and leaves intact
the materials in the enclosing directory.

At this point, the various Plone components should be available.

plone site instance:  select Plone Site from the add dropdown on an appropriate
management screen, fill out infomration, and select add.  CMF needs to be present
but Plone works as a standalone product.

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, alan runyan wrote:

> per http://plone.org/documentation/InstallingPlone
> (version 1.3 beta, CVS isnt supported at this time)
>
> you need 1.3b1

{ error traceback follows ...]