[Zope-CMF] [Plone] Controling Display of Portal Boxes

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 17:41:35 -0500

> I have portal boxes I only want to display when the user has logged in.
How
> do I do this? Is there some python code I need to check to see if the user
> us logged on and displays that portal box if he/she is? I've tried setting
> the permissions to authenticated user but only causes redirection
problems.

look at CMFPlone/skins/plone_templates/ui_slots/login_slot.pt

see how the login box shows up when you are anonymous?
tal:condition="here/portal_membership/isAnonymousUser"

what you want is:
tal:condition="not: here/portal_membership/isAnonymousUser"

> My hunch is that using SiteRoot is causing a boatload of issues for me.

probably not

> My Plone setup: Zope 2.5.1, Plone 0.9.9, SiteRoot, sltunnel to provide
SSL.

cool, I use apache to do SSL. never heard of sltunnel.  might be nice to
have a HOWTO on zope.org

~runyaga