[Zope-CMF] Publishable Folder....

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Wed, 05 Jun 2002 18:39:47 +0300

Carl Rendell wrote:

> Heimo,
>
> Florent Guillaume has a product that handles the workflow end of it so
> that could be a place to start.
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/efge/PortalContentFolder

Thanks, have to take a look into that.

> To my mind the standard publication stuff is a bit quirky anyway. It's
> fine when a user is adding one bit of content at a time, but when new
> sections of a site are being added, or some other 'mass publishing'
> exercise is under way then the point-to-point publishing idiom breaks down.

Point-to-point publishing? Could you define or open a bit that term,
not so familiar with that ,-)

Publishable folder is very handy tool, when we think about a site that
has a small ezine-section and people want to work on the next issue
with the ZMI-tools and then publish it. Of course this is possible to
do in many ways - but a folder-thinking could be very easy solution
and also easy to teach and sell forward to people...

Now one thing that poeple migth get confused is that folders are
allways automaticly published but content has to be published separately.

Also. For the routines that publish the folder, should have something
like publish all - which would automaticly parse throug all the
elements inside the folder and publish them too.

> One interesting thing here that keeps raising a question in my mind.
> Should ALL content and containers be subject to workflow? Should
> containers be cataloged?

Don't know. But in my opinion the choise to catalog also containers is
good.

-huima