[Zope-CMF] catalog problem after Zope upgrade

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
05 Jun 2002 23:31:38 -0400

On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 17:33, Steve Arnold wrote:
> Howdy:
>
> I recently upgraded Zope from 2.3.3 (with CMF 1.2) to 2.4.3 so I could
> try the latest CMF stuff.  After I finally got the right version of
> python and Zope upgraded, I got most things working again (the upgraded
> squishdot works even better now, with my existing content).  However, my
> CMF 1.2 portal instance is somewhat wacky now.
>
> Besides the calendar breaking, my existing news items are only visible
> to the management user (everyone else sees "No news is good news").  I
> tried updating the catalog, flushing the cache, etc, but no joy.
>
> Will this problem go away if I upgrade CMF? See my next question in the
> following post...

The catalog indexes created under 2.3.3 are brokey under 2.4.x;  the
simplest fix is to delete your 'portal_catalog', re-add it (using the
"CMFCore Tool" option on the ZMI add list) and the re-populate your
catalog using its "Find" tab.

Somewhat trickier would be to drop and re-add the indexes inside the
catalog;  you can then just re-index eveything, as the catalog itself
will still know where all your content is.

Tres.