[Zope-CMF] [Plone] Formulator-based content type, create other content items?

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk@adelphia.net
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 07:40:38 -0400

I am going to develop a form content type, which when submitted will
create a separate form-data content item in the member's home folder.
The form will be workflow-enabled for published visibility, and the data
content type's workflow will center around the state of its validation
against its form template. There will eventually be a few hundred forms,
and thousands of instances of form data in members folders.

I intend to use Plone, ZPT skins, formulator, and store the form values
in some simple content type's properties. Both types will be
product-based.

My current idea is that the Formulator type should be a
centrally-located, single-instance template. The multiple instance
form-data type would load its current state against the formulator
template for editing, validate, and update the results back to its
simple properties. The form-data type would probably have minimal
functionality of its own, other than knowing how to communicate with its
parent form.

Is there anything out there that uses some combination of these elements
to help me avoid dead ends? Specifically, I'd like to examine a few
Fomulator CMF content types. Is there a better way to approach this?
Thanks.