[Zope-CMF] Basic Auth and SSL?

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 10:45:40 -0700

I'm sure someone has already run across this so I thought I'd ask
the group.

Short of running the server or proxy server full time over SSL, it
is possible or practical to run just the login screens and/or basic
Auth over that port?

For the most part I've been dealing with internal (inside the
firewall) deployments, but I just received a request to expose
information outside of the firewall as well. I've been doing
research on all the sites, but nothing has popped out yet.

If anyone cares to wade in with their opinion or experience on SSL,
authentication over SSL, and so on. I would appreciate it.

BTW: is this a question for this list? If not which list would you
suggest?

~C

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution Consulting        |   "Ahhhh the power of
cer@sol43.com                              |    acquisition"  - Chef Z