[Zope-CMF] Getting folder contents of objects derived form portal folder

Rainer Thaden Rainer Thaden <Thadi@gmx.de>
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 16:27:16 +0200

Since i got no answer to my question, maybe i should go more into
detail:

I derived a ZClass 'Employee' from PortalContent, PortalFolder and
DefaultDublinCoreImpl. It's a class for handling employees which
should contain images etc. I implemented a view and edit method, added
information in the portal_types tool and set isPrincipiaFolderish=1.
Everything works fine except for one thing:

When i add an image to an Employee instance (let's call them 'img'
and 'emp') via the 'New...' button in the folder contents, the image
is inside the object and can be accessed via http://.../emp/img.

But the image is not listed in the folder contents of 'emp'.
Even a call of objectValues() on 'emp' returns no results.
It seems as if the instance emp is not considered as a folder in the
ZMI (no '+' sign in the tree view).

I tried to build a new ZClass derived form the above ZClasses and
addtionally from ObjectManager but that doesn't solve the problem. I
think Portal Folder is already derived from ObjectManager.

Did i miss something when i created the ZClass?

I use Zope 2.5.1 and python 2.1.3 on Win2k and CMF 1.2

--
Regards,
 Rainer                          Thadi@gmx.de