[Zope-CMF] 2nd try-discussion ability disappeared

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
11 Jun 2002 17:57:35 -0400

On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 14:32, Kelley, Sean wrote:
> Where I could enable discussions on news and documents, now I suddenly
> cannot. There is no option to pulldown but previous items created still have
> the reply capability.
> I am using v1.3 and have swapped between 1.2 and 1.3 to try and get various
> things working but I lost this ability somehow. What's up? Any ideas? I do
> not remember what version I was using when it worked.
> (I stopped using v 1.2 because it had a problem with the rights for a new
> user on his own index_html page)

The discussability knob is set sitewide on the type object in
'portal_types';  the instance-specific override is stored in an
attribute, 'allow_discussion', on the content object.

Under CMF 1.3, the instance-specific attribute has a knob to
change this value on the standard metadata form;  had you perhaps
customized this form under 1.2?

Tres.