[Zope-CMF] More DCworkflow troubles.

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 12:39:02 +1200

On Wednesday 12 June 2002 08:11, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> John Morton writes:
>  > ...
>  > Pending and
>  > rejected worklist actions never show up for the Owner,
>
> You are aware, that worklists are global and permissions might be
> checked for another object (the portal root) than you expect?

I'm not sure I understand the implications. My understanding of the action box
groupings where that they are just that - different catagory labels. What
permission would a member need to have global actions appear in there action
box, besides the worklist guards?

Is the role guard 'Owner; Editor' going to make the worklist action appear to
both the object Owner and Editor.

Ah -  do you mean that if the worklist is guarded by the role 'Owner', and the
member happens to be looking at something they don't have the local role
'Owner' for, then they won't see that action?

This makes sense, though I never saw the worklist when the member was looking
at an object they did own. I'll try changing the guards around and see if I
can get something to work.

[My problems with the 'reject' transition where a result of forgetting that I
created a second reject transition that was supposed to be functionally
equivalent, but had different post transition script behaviour. Doh!
Sometimes I really wish I had a Zope oriented Oblique Strategy deck.]

Thanks,
John